Getting older does not necessarily mean there’s a decline in appearance or senior sex. In fact, advanced age can provide a freedom to explore and experience sexual pleasures.
Advancing in age provides freedom to explore and enjoy our sexuality. Just because you’ve reach the so-called “golden” age, does not mean you hole up in a retirement home waiting for the end of the line. In fact, getting older can render the luxury of enjoying steamy intimate relationships.
Sex after 60 is not a fantasy or unobtainable dream. Yes, you may have lines and wrinkles, deflated muscles, and skin that appears a few sizes too large for your body. So what? Beauty is not something only enjoyed by others forty years your junior. Your beauty and self-expression has been developed and perfected by the not-so-perfect reflection staring back at you in the mirror.
Some Tips and Tidbits
1. Never, never tower over your lover and look down into his eyes! When we were young, our facial skin enhanced our beauty without betrayal. But, now the skin can sag and hang loosely when we bend over. If you want to see what I mean, bend over and look downwards into a mirror! No additional explanation or description about this is needed!
2. Lie on your back as much as possible. This position helps camouflage deflated buttocks, sagging breasts, floppy arms, and drooping facial skin.
3. Candlelight or diffused lighting is a girl’s best friend! Sex in the afternoon is lovely, but the harsh light of the day exploits flaws, wrinkles, and excess pounds! Strive for a darkened room, or be safe and enjoy sexual intimacy once the sun has set.
4. Lubricants may be a necessity, but they are not mandatory visuals. If you need additional moisture, you can apply them before or during foreplay, but try to anoint genitals sensually, such as, inviting your partner to watch some self-arousal techniques.
5. Sex organs are not the only component of the human anatomy that is involved with the senior sex. Fantasies can add new dimensions to intimate experiences. Vocalizing and acting out fantasies with your partner can stimulate sexual urges, and provide food for thought. If you’d like to expound on specific fantasies, costumes are readily available. But, discuss fantasy play with your partner before surprising him/her. Be sure he/she is open to fantasy play. Remember, sexual fantasies should not cause anger, jealousy, or pain to your partner. Fantasies should be enjoyable and enhance sexual intimacy.
6. Never, never parade around in those baggy, torn, or yellow briefs or boxers (this can ruin a perfectly good sexual experience)! Boxers and briefs can be sexy and inviting IF they are the perfect fit and length. Shop for boxers that are about mid-thigh and nicely fitted over your penis. You don’t want to look like you’re about to pop the fabric, but you do not want your boxers to look like they’re about to fall off at any moment. There are some sexy body suits available (similar to a weight lifters apparel). There are racer back stringer tanks, and, of course, if you still have tight abs and butt, then, by all means, dun a thong!
7. Don’t overlook the magic of silk for men. A silk kimono is touchable and has an inviting feel. The kimono can hide deflated chest muscles, bulging stomach, or droopy buns.
8. Take the emphasis off thinning or baldness with tasteful and sexy apparel. Senior sex may not be about receding hairlines, but adding a bit of flair can only enhance the moment.
9. If male enhancement pills are necessary, don’t announce that you must take a pill to get an erection. Be discreet, there’s no need to voice performance problems during intimacy.
10. If you like sex toys, be sure to discuss this with your partner prior to displaying dildos, vibrators, or a strap-on. Honesty, expectations, and personal desires are a two-way street!
11. Fantasies can add to the sexual experience. In Paragraph 5, of the ladies section, some reasons to explore fantasies and role-playing are explained. But, never insist your partner engage in your fantasies, or demand they wear costumes or engage in roll-playing. Fantasies are not real, and should not cause any distress, inhibitions, or pain for your partner. In other words, a senior sex fantasies should be a fun filled and exciting imaginary journey.
12. If lubricants or stimulating creams and oils are used, invite your partner to apply them to your penis. Of course, this is not necessary, but interaction can enhance sexual experience and desire.
Spontaneity is a wonderful tool for seniors. But, planning can be advantageous to many that require time for medicines to signal effectiveness, i. e., Viagra. Sex toys can play a major role because, unlike the virility of the young, the senior stamina and erection tends to disappoint or disappear almost as quickly as it arrived. Sex toys, lotions, and lubricants may now be considered essential in senior sex versus absurd.
Yes, sex after 60 is different in many aspects. The female body is not the taut perky physic that (mostly likely) you’ve taken for granted. The male body might no longer be endowed with a masculine chest, a full head of hair, a firm tight stomach, muscled arms and legs. Perhaps the pecs sag and can appear feminine. The female breasts, most likely, show more sag and less perk. The buttocks may no longer are tight and firm, faces become cursed with jowls and less than full lips, and skin that refuses to fit tightly over the frame. But the reward of intimate touch and senior sex remains alive and enjoyable.
Accepting who we are, what we have, and loving ourselves is the ultimate destination. Once we debunk the peer pressures, dismiss youth-oriented advertising campaigns, and see the beauty within ourselves, we begin to live.
Seniors still have and share many intimate thoughts and desires. Unfortunately, many hide their feelings and continue on a lonely journey. Okay, so you’ve reached the age of 60. You haven’t been cursed, you’ve been blessed and obtained much knowledge along the path on the journey of life. Now, relax and enjoy the rest of the ride.
Most of all, show respect and consideration for your partner, and the enjoyment and exhilaration of the senior sex experience can be as explosive as ever.